Silver Springs Preschool firmly believes in the importance of play. Play is an integral part in every aspect of a child’s development. It facilitates motor development, social competence, emotional development, self- control, confidence, creativity, scientific reasoning and abstract thinking.
The preschool is overseen by the Silver Springs Community Association (SSCA) www.silverspringscommunity.ca and operates as a non-denominational and non-profit organization
Our Goals and Promise to you and your children
- To provide a variety of learning opportunities, which recognize the different learning styles of each individual child.
- To allow each child to access the learning opportunities provided at their own pace.
- To provide a fun, stimulating and nurturing environment.
- To provide children with the skills they will need to enter Kindergarten with confidence.
- To familiarize children with the rules, routines and structures they will encounter in Kindergarten.
- To give both children and their parents a sense of community.
Each day is filled with teachable moments. Young children are eager to learn and their play usually shows what they are learning day to day. So, the next time you ask a young child, “What did you do at school today?” and he/she replies, “I just played”, think twice and grin for he/she did that and so much more.
- 3 yr old Orientation Package 2021-2022
- 4 yr old Orientation Package 2021-2022
- 4 yr All Day Orientation Package2021-2022
- Preschool Photo Info Sheet
- Influenza Information
- Snack Ideas Sheet
- 2021/2022 Preschool PDF Calendar
- Electronic Police Information Check (e-PIC) Policy
- For more information on how the SSPS is managed and operated, please review our POLICIES (unabridged version), revised August 2016
Volunteers are an important part of our programming. Find out more about how you can get involved