Silver Springs Commitment to health and safety
We strive to maintain an environment that is respectful, tolerant, safe and comfortable for all SSCA facility users and employees. Any person who contravenes this requirement will be asked to leave and may have privileges suspended from the Silver Springs Community Association and the Silver Springs Outdoor Pool.
Remember, please do not come to the Pool or Community Centre if:
- You or anyone in your household is sick, particularly those with COVID19 type symptoms of fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or any other symptoms as outlined by the AHS Self-Assessment https://www.albertahealthservices.ca
- You or anyone in your household has been in close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID19 case.
- You have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
We are applying and enforcing all guidelines from Alberta Health Services (AHS) at the Silver Springs Outdoor Pool and Silver Springs Community Centre. The COVID-19 virus can be transmitted by asymptomatic people. The SSCA is following government rules and regulations but there can be no assurance that the virus will not be contracted at our facility. Please understand that you are taking part in the program/activity at your own risk. Physical Distancing – we are limiting access, rearranging spaces and reducing occupancies to facilitate physical distancing.
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment – All staff and facility users must complete the Alberta Health Services COVID-19 Self-Assessment prior to each time they enter the community centre and outdoor pool. Should a staff member answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions in the Self-Assessment they must not come to work. If a staff member becomes ill while at work, they are required to inform their manager and leave immediately. A substitute lifeguard/instructor will be called in.
- Should a facility user answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions in the Self-Assessment they must not enter the facility.
- Training of Staff – All staff have received enhanced training on COVID-19 exposure, transmission and prevention. One staff member will be designated to clean and address issues regarding COVID-19 at all times during Public Swim, Adult Lane Swim and Little Fishy Swim.
- Cleaning and Protective Measures – We are increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting practices with a focus on high-touch/high-occupancy surfaces and are maintaining a cleaning log. We are installing barriers in close-interaction areas. Masks, shields and gloves will be provided for staff and must be used while sanitizing and disinfecting. These items will be available in the main office and the pool office.
*SSOP will have a designated COVID staff member cleaning during the 90-minute slot. If you have any questions or concerns, please approach them as the lifeguards will be focusing their attention on the pool.